Enterosgel is an oral intestinal adsorbent (enterosorbent). It is based on organic minerals having the capacity to absorb a number of toxic and harmful substances (e.g. endotoxins, enterotoxins) in the digestive tract, thereby binding them to its surface and subsequently reducing stool frequency and the duration of diarrhea. Enterosgel is expelled from the body during the bowel movement, thus eliminating the adsorbed toxins and harmful substances, which is beneficial for the treatment of acute and chronic diarrhea associated with IBS.
Enterosgel® is administered to adults and children in the case of the following disorders:
- Acute diarrhoeal diseases (gastroenteritis) in adults and children.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhoea (IBS-D).
Take Enterosgel® treatment 2 hours before or after a meal and taking oral medications. Duration of treatment with Enterosgel® is 3-5 days for acute diarrhea and up to 21 days for chronic IBS diarrhea diagnosed by a doctor.
Dilute the dose in the water of room temperature prior to its administration. Use sachet immediately after opening. Dilute the content of a sachet in water.
Duration and Dosage:
- 1-3 years old - it is advisable to consult a doctor prior to use.
- 1-6 years old - 5g (1/3 of a sachet) diluted in 50-100 ml of water 3 times a day.
- 7-14 years old - 10g (2/3 of a sachet) diluted in 50-100 ml of water 3 times a day.
- For children 15+ and adults - 15g to 22.5g (1-1.5 sachet) diluted in 200 ml of water 3 times a day.
At the beginning of the treatment (on Day 1) you can double the first dose and then continue with a single dose after each bowel movement from 3 to 6 times a day. Maximum of 8 doses on the first day.
Stop the treatment with Enterosgel® if you do not have a bowel movement for 1-2 days, increase the intake of water, and continue the treatment after the next bowel movement.
90g or 225g tube